So You Want To Work at a Brewery in Minneapolis?
We're always looking for the finest talent in the Twin Cities. If you like beer and want to work in beer, then this is the page where you'll find the careers we are currently looking to fill.
Inbound BrewCo is seeking a brewery sales representative who is #ALLinOnBeer. This person will cover the vibrant twin cities market and surrounding suburbs. The focus of this position is to grow and foster sales by building strong relationships with key accounts to promote our beers, foster brand loyalty, and increase brand development through marketing events. 80% of your time spent is traveling within the Minneapolis Metro and surrounding suburbs. Benefits include paid personal time/vacation, paid holidays, health insurance, beer, and awesome merchandise.
Requirements or preferred experience
• Alcoholic beverage sales experience. Sales/distribution
• Collaborates well with others in the industry – On and Off Premise retailers as well as our distributor partners
• Be the a brand ambassador in all marketplaces, having a firm understanding of, and be able to communicate in in detail the company’s history, community involvement, beer portfolio, and short- and long-term vision
• Explain the long-term growth and profit potential of the craft beer industry
• Educate accounts on upcoming beer launches, seasonal releases, brewery initiatives, Point-of-Sale, etc
• Manage and prioritize time to be effective and efficient
• Maintain a weekly/bi-weekly planner of goals and distributor/account calls
• Be familiar with draft system dynamics and have the ability to troubleshoot when necessary
• Be fluent and current in each state’s liquor license codes and regulations
• Utilize all sales-related software (i.e. VIP, Karma, Concur, Ekos, Encompass, etc.) on a regular basis as requested by Sales Manager
• Act as the key conduit of information back to the Sales Manager, including, but not limited to, distributor market price lists and post-off schedules, competitor pricing and materials, and opportunities to build the business
• Manage market visit reports following time spent in each market, planners/recaps, expense reports, etc
• Manage market visit reports to each distributor partner as requested
• Gain an intimate and working knowledge of each distributor partner’s organization, including an open relationship with all members of the management and sales teams
• Complete working knowledge of all distributor partner pricing, including different deal levels and special incentives
• Provide distributor partners with sales literature, technical assistance and sales training as needed
• Assist all distributor partners in promoting sales of the products, and helping build consumer acceptance of the products
• Establish an action plan prior to visiting market, utilizing sales reps, sales data, and appropriate collateral/sales materials
• Manage distributor partner activity, including, but not limited to, program development and implementation, monthly and quarterly sales meetings, and promotional calendar development and execution
• Regularly planned account/market visits with distributor partner’s sales reps
• Manage all distributor partners’ POS inventory on a monthly basis
• Represent the #ALLinONBEER team in the retail trade as the first point of contact for the brewery
• Establish regular contact and build relationships with key decision makers at Key Accounts, both on and off premise, in order to gain sales and distribution
• Work closely with each distributor’s sales reps in each market On and Off Premise
You may be a Sales Representative if
• You have a love for craft beer and are genuinely positive and enthusiastic about the industry
• You were born to sell
• Your nature is to do your best at all times without being managed (independent/integrity)
• You are highly organized and able to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines
• You have a strong desire for results and ability to bring projects to completion
• You have great follow though
This position reports directly to the Sales Manager.
This is a full time salaried position with benefits package including shared health care, paid time off and of course world class beer.
Rate of Pay: DOE
If you love working hard, interacting with people as much as you enjoy craft beer, and you think you’re appropriately qualified and a good fit to work with us -- please send your cover letter and resume email@example.com. Subject line must include “Sales Representative” and your name. Phone calls will not be accepted. If we feel you are a potential candidate, we will call you.